Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CHAPTER 4 -> Measuring The Success Of Strategic Initiatives




Alright dude..last week I had posted about the strategic initiatives which is divided into 4 group there are SCM, CRM, BPR and ERP. All this types of strategic initiatives has it own function in organization. Now, for chapter 4, we discuss about measuring the success of this strategic  initiatives. Yeah..of coz we had learned a lot of knowledge about this chapter but, because of my beautiful lecturer is a compromise person..:) we only need to post about the efficiency and effectiveness IT metrics and imagine how Facebook can be a efficiency and effectiveness platform to promote our own product. 
  So...lets check it out!!

Efficiency IT Metrics

* Efficiency is related to doing the things right.
* It is more to tangible which is easy to see,touch,calculate,define,determine and realize.
* It also measure the performance of the IT system itself including throughput, speed, availability and                                flexibility.
* How far the company can using their resources such as capital, assets, facilities or technology system to achieve it goals. 
 * For example, a company already have a formal web and now they want to create news letter that can be generate everyday for their customers.

Effectiveness IT Metrics

*.Effectiveness is related to doing the right things.
* It is more to intangible which is not easy to see, touch, calculate, define, determine and realize.
* It also measure the impact IT has on business process and activities including customer satisfaction.
* How well the organization achieve its goals and objectives and ensuring they accomplished.
* Foe example, how far Google can be a domain website that people choose during searching.

* * *
Time for dreaming!! hehe..
So, lets say I want to imagine that I have a online business and I sell headscarf trough Facebook..:) My headscarf business name is Durani. Ok..what the efficiency and effectiveness using the Facebook for my business?? Hurmmmmmmmm...



For efficiency :
- it can manage and generate my headscarf business more easy, fast and spend time,money,force and effort for me and also my customers. How??
Ok..lets say firstly I've make a promotion in my own facebook.Not the official page. Then, from that I can introduce to my family and friends about the scarf.. Just tagging the picture to all fb friends. Hehehehe..
Later, I can put the Durani official page in facebook and put a few of the best scarf or latest scarf as a cover photo. Next,the scarf fan can subscribe the page..:) every time the latest scarf will be put in the page. The fans and customers can choose their choice based on the colors, size, patterns, design and fashion. For the old stock it still have. So...my customers will never miss buy it as long as the supplier still produce the scarf. After that, when they want to make an order my customers just need to PM( private massage), call or email that I put together in the page. Easy right....:)



For effectiveness :
Yeah..for sure..to maintain my business effectiveness I should keep my promise to customers. It means...I must deliver the order in right time and right place. For the information in the Durani official page and also my own page, i must ensure that my customer receive same information. For example, when the blue scarf for  M size is out of order I must publish it on the page and all the fans, customers and visitors of Durani headscarf will aware.


# That's all for today..S.U.L lol~ ^^bubye..



No comments:

Post a Comment